- Back to a multi-monitor setup. I have been team one larger monitor for the last few years, but I felt like some of the work I have been doing benefits from having more fixed windows.
- I moved my desk back against the wall. It had been floating in the room for the last couple of years. I prefer not to stare at a wall in the background, but a floating desk that can also be stood at gets messy on the backside. In addition, the internet speed is nearly 1 Gbps when plugged in vs. 300/400 MPs over wifi.
- Removed the XLR mic and went with an Elgato Wave 3 USB mic. In quick testing, it seems more than adequate for my needs and does not require a Cloud booster, Focusrite Scarlett, extra cables, etc.
- Moved my Anker camera to the top of my MBP instead of the separate arm. Minor change, but one less thing on my desk. I still find it pathetic that Apple has not shipped a better laptop camera. It is cute I can use my iPhone, but who wants to go through all that effort every day.
- Semi-related, I disabled “Displays have separate spaces.” I heavily use spaces and typically have a space for specific tasks with keyboard shortcuts. Once each display has its own space, this gets messy. The downside is I cannot just dock a window in a display across all spaces.